My research in knowledge representation is mainly applied to the field of semi-automatic recognition of high resolution satellite urban images :
- Domain knowledge modeling using ontologies (semantic web).
- Spatial and temporal qualitative reasoning.
- Modeling vague and imprecise knowledge within ontologies using fuzzy logic.
- COCLICO (COllaboration, CLassification, Incrementality and Knowledge) - ANR MN (2012-2016) : my contribution to this project mainly consists in the design of a software platform based on an "image" ontology, which integrates a fuzzy reasoning, that provides a fuzzy classification of image segments into primary classes (vegetation, shadow, water, soil, artificial. This fuzzy classification aims to help the process of segments grouping into urban objects of interest (buildings, roads, parks, etc.).
- FOURIRE(Fuzzy Ontologies for URban Image REcognition) - API ICube (2014-2016) : this project, in collaboration with MIV team, involves the systemic consideration of vagueness and uncertainty in the whole process of urban object recognition. The consideration of uncertainty begins from the step of segmentation of the satellite image (fuzzy segmentation, "fuzzy ground truth"), and ends at the level of urban object construction (by applying a fuzzy qualitative spatial reasoning).
My publications are available on the ICube laboratory's web site.
- C Programming
- logic programming
- data bases
- networks and distributed algorithms
Maître de conférences Université de Strasbourg ICube - UMR7357 Pôle API Bd Sébastien Brant - BP 10413 Bureau C324 67412 Illkirch cedex
Tél : +33 (0)3 68 85 43 95
email : email@example.com